Hyaluronic acid, commonly known as hyaluronan or hyaluronate is an essential component of numerous health supplements to enhance the physical activities of the human body. Even HA as it is shortly termed is a favourite ingredient added in the composition of medicines for skin enriching and cosmetic products.
What exactly is Hyaluronic acid?
It is a naturally occurring gel like substance present in higher concentration in eyeballs and joints of the human body. Lack of it may result in malfunctioning of moving joints, eyes and even result in enduring skin allergies. Chemically named Glycosaminoglycan can be observed in every cell of the body in indefinite proportions. Bones, cartilages, synovial fluid, tendons, connective tissues, ligaments, and lips are the main parts of the body having this acid in higher proportion.
- It aids in smooth moving of movable parts of the body. In simple terms, you can say that it acts as a lubricant.
- The fluid act as space filler aiding the skin tissues to hold water to prevent the upper layer of the body to get dry.
- The moisture effect of HA aids in wading away the emergence of wrinkles.
- The gelatinous fluid controls the over stretching of fibres, thus aids in limiting the drying out of ECM.
- The solution helps in transporting nutrients and waste within cellular structures.
- Provides hydration and tensile strength to ligaments of mouth to hold the tooth firmly. Hence your gums remain healthy.
- Vitreous humour present in eyes has the total concentration of HA. It acts as a shock absorber to prevent the sensitive parts of eyes getting damaged.
The main factor playing pivotal role in decreasing HA of body is age. As one grows older the gel solution is reduced. You feel pain while doing physical activities, and you are subjected to health disorders related to skin and face other health issues. The tissues of the body are unable to hold the moisture needed for smooth functioning of the organs.
Since last decade, HA has been composed in laboratories to be added in health supplements and in anti aging products. As it is well known as a wound healer, the chemically composed HA elements is utilised in making effective creams and tablets to be applied or taken after involving in severe accidents or while in the process of recovering after a surgery.
The supplements prescribed by Dr. Elise Bernier a Sherbrooke medical practitioner have been quite useful for elderly people to get rid of old age deficiency symptoms.