A lot has been said and written about steroids. If you have been sweating out at the gym but are expecting better results, you might be stimulated or inclined towards using steroids, but do you know where and how to get started? These are the five basic things that you need to know.
- All steroids are synthetic form of testosterone and its derivatives. Testosterone is the main male hormone, which is largely responsible for both size and strength, and bodybuilders use such steroids only for those two reasons. If you are even thinking of steroids, it is best to consider your age. Don’t start with steroids earlier than 21 years of age, which may have serious impact on the growth plates.
- Secondly, don’t just start with any steroid. There are many online sites like Steroidly, where you can find information on options available, and at the same time, you can also buy the different products. Keep in mind that such drugs and steroids aren’t always legal, so you will have to check that aspect, as well.
- The next thing is the cycle and dosage. The main reason why steroids are often banned is the effect these drugs leave on your body. All such drugs are meant to be used in a cycle. For example, you can have a cycle of six or eight weeks. As for the dosage, you will find a lot of details on minimum dosage for a steroid, and that’s where you should start. Always follow the guidelines, and if you see the benefits, you can consider increasing the dose.
- Your training has a big say on the steroid that you should use. Talk to your fellow gym members and experts on using such substances and whether you should consider them in the first place. Always remember that there are a few side effects that cannot be avoided, and usually, oral steroids tend to impact the liver in many ways. Injectable options are a tad better that way, and therefore, you should weight both choices for a particular steroid.
- Lastly, don’t miss on understanding the need for stacking. Basically, one can use two or more steroids and hormones in sync with each other to see good benefits, but this requires understanding the dosage, pros and cons. Check with an expert trainer or read online to find the right details!
Go ahead and start your fitness journey!